These Low-Carb Cheez-Its are the perfect snack for your ketogenic diet! This recipe is low-carb, keto, gluten-free, grain-free, vegetarian, refined-sugar-free, and contains only 2.2g net carbs per serving!
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 3/4 cup shredded extra sharp cheddar
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 oz cream cheese
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Avocado oil cooking spray
- Coarse salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together almond flour and salt. Add egg and whisk until well-combined.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, microwave cheddar, mozzarella, and cream cheese until melted, about 1 minute. Add melted cheeses to dry ingredients and, using hands, knead together until fully-incorporated. If the dough becomes too difficult to work with, return all ingredients to microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 10-15 seconds.
- Spray two pieces of parchment paper with cooking spray. Lay one piece down, spray side up, placing dough in center. Lay the other piece down, spray side down so it touches the dough, and lightly press down. Using a rolling pin, roll dough until it is an even layer. The dough should be quite thin. Remove and discard the top piece of parchment paper. Carefully slide a baking tray beneath the parchment paper with dough on top.
- Using a pizza cutter, gently cut crackers into desired size. Sprinkle coarse salt to top of dough.
- Bake crackers for 7 minutes.
- Remove crackers from oven and allow to cool slightly. Using a spatula, flip all crackers over. It may be necessary to re-cut some of the crackers with a pizza cutter as they may have melted together while baking. Return crackers to oven and bake for another 3-5 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely before breaking apart and enjoying!